Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Perpetual catch-up

I never make the time I should to keep my blog up-to-date and it seems I always find myself playing catch-up with it. We keep so busy too, so when I do think about blogging I don't know where to start! So, here I am, kids asleep, mommy drink poured and ready to put the last few weeks into a single blog. I can do this, are you ready?? Ha! Here we go....!
Peanut was invited to read a story to Mrs. Honnoll's first grade class. She has been practicing!! It was so sweet, and she loved every minute.

Our church Easter egg hunt was on the windiest day there could ever be. We seriously almost blew away! But we had fun despite the 50 mph winds, and the kids loaded up on the goodies.
And my sweet nephew Benjamin found his fair share of eggs too! He was so excited, he started tearing into it and eating them right there on the field. Unfortunately for him, mommy smelled a shoo-shoo and he was taken out of the game early.

He was back in full cuteness Palm Sunday, waving his Palm branch like a pro! Andrew was also in full on cute mode, yet, he looked shocked and stunned to see me snapping pictures of him during service... Peanut was there too, waving her branch with the rest of the Sunday School class, but mommy missed her before she left. (Sorry again Peanut!!)Later in the afternoon, all us girls completed the Stroller Derby at the Red Bud Classic. Again, the weather was not optimal, we all nearly froze to death! (Please note baby Ben in his bubble.) We all still had so much fun!! I even met the unabomber. Turns out, she's a pretty cool chick. ;) We all made sure to stretch it out before we started the "race". The stretching seemed to wear Steph our more than we planned.... But it was too late to turn back, we were off! Just a few miles later we were finished! No one was more worn out than miss Peanut. She felt she earned more than just a medal and had a donut too.

That 2 mile race in the blustery cold managed to knock me sick in bed for most the next week. I came down with tonsillitis, strep, among other things. I was hopped up on medicine for so long that by the time Friday came, I was ready to get out of bed for most anything. Which led me to host the first Girl's Night In. Here are my beautiful girls, all ready for the party. We danced, we played Whack-a-mole with Mema and Azilee, we had lots of snuggles,

and painted each others nails. I was personally treated to a lip-glossing session by Ms. Peanut And she did my toes too. Lucky me! Aunt Steph got the lip-gloss treatment too After all that hard work, we crashed on the couch with a movie and popcorn.

We made Easter cupcakes the next day. Lots of sticky fun!!
They turned out perfect. I was so proud! (Guess which ones I decorated. :)


Everyone cleaned up nicely for Easter Sunday. The girls, and the boys. We snapped some pics of the kids after church, and amazingly, I got one with all of them looking at me- at the same time!! How sweet are they?? We tried to get one with Benjamin too. This is what you get when you tell my kids to look up here at the camera. Oh well.
We took our lovley cupcakes over to Aunt Kat's and had a wonderful rest of the day.


2 comments:

Team Honnoll said...

Wow, sis! Great job on posting so many cute pics of the kids! Benjamin loves his cousins! :)

PaPa & MeMa said...

Sweetheart, this is wonderful! You do an awesome job writing and arranging. I need to take some lessons from you! And it was so good, you brought tears to my eyes! You have a beautiful family and I am soooo proud to call you all mine!