Monday, May 4, 2009

Big News!

We have been counting the days, and now it's here! My sweet baby girl is enrolled in kindergarten!! It's not near as big as the "big" first day, but to Kadence, this day marked the beginning of something new. I put the enrollment date on the calendar last month, and then forgot about it until the calendar got flipped over this morning. (Yes, today is the 4th.) Peanut and I have been looking forward to this enrollment date, and now it was here! We ran errands this morning, went to the bookstore, and had lunch. After lunches, Andrew took his nap and she stayed up, for the first time, so she can get used to being a big girl who doesn't need naps. The whole time she was up, she followed me around, telling me all the ways she was grown-up.

  1. She can read. (She can be very convincing of this.)

  2. She can wash her own hair. (I have convinced her of this, although, I never let her get out before I check it.)

  3. She doesn't need naps. (She does. She just needs to get used to skipping them.)

  4. She is enrolling for school. (She wins.)


I realized was starting to get misty and nostalgic about her enrolling today. My baby girl, whom I've had by my side constantly for the last 4 and 3/4 years was now leaving me to the join the public schools institution. She may be ready for this, but I AM NOT READY FOR THIS! Yet there we were, at the P.C. Enrollment Office, giving our information to the lady and then getting our supply list. First step taken!! She was so excited and we celebrated after. It was cute watching her feel so grown-up. And still, for me,oh-so sad!!

2 comments:

Team Honnoll said...

I can't even believe it is already time for Kindergarten!!!!! Wasn't she just a tiny little peanut, swaddled in a blanket the other day? Or wait, mabey she was just a chubby little toddler learning how to walk... then eating the olives and crutons off of everyones plate!! (Ha ha, she can ALWAYS do that to Aunt Kat's plate...) P~nut, you are growing way too fast! And Tab, you've done your Mommy job well. She will soar through kindergarten, be so successful, get all pluses on her report card, and have lots of friends. You watch. ;)

kj said...

First off that makes my cry!!! So sweet and how they change in kindergarten, it makes them so big!!! : (

Secondly, you are so skinny! You look GREAT!!!