Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day

I love Mother's day. Hands down, it could very well be my favorite holiday. I mean, aside from my birthday and Christmas, it's the "giftiest"of all holidays. Not that that is the best part of the day; I was also cooked for, taken out to eat, and for the most part, took the entire day off. Oh, and all the kids were instructed to be super sweet to me too. Bliss! All three even made me homemade gifts. I can't believe how big they are!! They can all sign their artwork now, which to me, is as big of a milestone as cutting molars.

Jacy made me a coupon book which was full of promises to do chores and give hugs and kisses on demand. I plan on cashing in all of those! She also made a beautiful silhouette card with a lovely poem on the back. Peanut and Andrew both made me personalized memory books. They are so darling!! (Thanks mom!) And Kadence even wrote REAL WORDS in her book. And you can actually even read them!
I also got a gift certificate to Academy, which is exactly what I wished for. (Thanks Bradd!) The most unexpected gift came from my parents though. Yes, I have the most wonderful parents ever. They surprised me and my mommy sister, Kat, with diamond mother necklaces. And it's so delicate and sparkly, I love it!! I am so blessed! But, like I said, it's not about the gifts. And if it were, these are the absolute best gifts I ever had. Getting to spend my days with them is the most exciting, challenging and rewarding thing I could ever be given. I am so blessed to be called their mommy and I am so thankful for each one of my precious babies. They give the best of everything to me; from kisses, to cuddles, hugs, to tickles. They tell me the best stories, teach me the most important lessons and fill me in on the funniest jokes. They also give me best memories. Times three.
So thumbs up to you, Jacy, Kadence and Andrew, for making me the happiest mommy and giving me the best gift ever. Every day. :)

No comments: