Monday, December 29, 2008

The Holiday

We had waited a looong time to celebrate Christmas this year. Not only did we have our lights up the weekend before Thanksgiving, we have had a tree and stockings up since Dec. 1st. So, it was a pretty exciting deal at our house.
Here's how Andrew got ready to celebrate Christmas.
"Hello, ladies."
We went to my mom and dad's Christmas Eve to open stocking gifts. The boys played Wii. Yes, that is my husband wearing a Metallica shirt. No, I did not approve this wardrobe. He somehow managed to slip by me...

This is my sister Stephanie's new puppy, Kirby. Peanut loves's Kirby. Andrew and Kadence played elf and delivered gifts.
After we finshed there, we loaded up the car and went home to get ready for Santa! Our stockings were hung on the entertainment center with care, in hopes that St. Nick would soon bere there...despite the book sitting under them mom and dad loved to read.I love Christmas Eve, it's still magical to me. Christmas morning came, the kids woke up early to open stocking gifts Santa left.
When Jacy got here, we opened up our presents!!She got just what she wanted.The girls both got new camaras. And they all got Cooties to share. That afternoon, my family came over and we had a great dinner, great times and opened more gifts!! One of my favorties was a set of knifes from my parents. Here I am telling Bradd to watch out, he thinks I carved myself a lot as it was.... Look at these sharp babies!
It was a great holiday. Honestly,I am so blessed in so many ways. I have the greatest family. I feel as happy and as lucky as Andrew was when he unwrapped this. Hope everyone had as wonderful of time as we did! Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

kj said...

I love the pics....so glad you all had a wonderful Christmas!!!