Friday, December 12, 2008

Older, older and older

I had a birthday yesterday. I am now another year older. Whoopidy-do-da. It's not that I feel so old or even mind having birthdays- who doesn't like getting presents and celebrating themselves?? But it's the numbers thing! I am now 27. I have had a problem with the numbers since I turned 26. Once that came, people just round you up to 30. No longer was I closer to the teen years, or even my 20's for that matter. It's just downhill (numerically speaking) from here. I know, it's a mental thing! And I'm so sure all of you would say I am crazy to be fretting numbers at this age, but, hey, it's my issue and my blog so hush it and just sympathize. :)

I had a good day on my birthday this year. After school, the kids and I cuddled on the sofa and watched some Christmas movies. Then we got dressed and went out to dinner. Oh, and I taught Jacy how to tie her shoe. She got it right on the first try!! I am so proud of my baby!I tried to wrangle the kids together for a pic with mommy before dinner. How tough could that be? Um, lets try that again... Could they be any happier to be taking pictures with the birthday mom? I swear, I don't beat my kids. Maybe if we sat down...Peanut thinks playing with Gibson would be more fun. Grrr.... Ok, let's try one more time. This one may have been my fault. I hurt Peanut's feelings for scolding her for playing with the dog during our photoshoot. Andrew was trying to make sissy feel better. Ok, maybe if I break them apart I can get a decent picture with the individually. Dang! What happend to counting before you click, dad!That's better. Maybe this idea will work. One down... Next up!It works- I'll take it! Next!!I can always count on Jacy to get it right. 6+ years of experience in that one!

We took the wild animals to Elephant Bar for dinner. I let them act silly. I don't know where they learn that.
After dinner, my wonderful husband stayed home with the now bouncing-off-the-wall children and I had drinks with my favorite couple. Yay! Drinks!And my awesome friend Chief showed up too! Good times were had by all.
After that I went home and fell into a deep sleep until 10:00 the next morning. (I think the sleeping in was the best gift of all.) Climbing numbers aside, I had a wonderful birthday. I am so thankful for everything I have and couldn't ask for more. Maybe I am looking forward to next year.... Maybe.

1 comment:

Team Honnoll said...

The progression of pictures really cracks me up! I'm glad you had a great birthday, and it's not over- you're last bash is on Sunday, so save some room for a huge feast and my yummy yummy cake! You look beautiful sis! Love ya! :)