Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's THAT cold

We have dinner together every night as a family. As we eat, we go around the table and ask, "How was your day?" This is Peanuts favorite part of the meal. Stories are told, everyone tells what they did that day, what they ate, played, and so on. A while back, Bradd was doing his "turn" of telling how his day was, he told the kids that he worked hard all day. He told them, "I worked my booty off today!" This became Peanut's new catch phrase. Every night at dinner she would ask daddy, "Did you work your booty off today?" He of course would say, "Yes, I did work my booty off today."

Last week, when we had a bout of cold weather, Bradd was taking his turn telling about his day at dinner. He told the kids that he had to work outside in the cold, and that he froze his jingle bells off today. This cracked Peanut up. She thought it was the funniest thing. So, she has started saying it all the time. When we leave for school, "Mommy, be sure to zip my coat up. I don't want to freeze my jingle bells off." When we are getting out of the bath, "Mommy, I freezing my jingle bells off!!" When we are sitting in the car running errands with my mom, "Mema, did you freeze your jingle bells off?" My mom looks at me and asks, "What did she just say?" I told her the story. She laughed.

That night, Peanut stayed the night with my mom and dad. They were out today doing some shopping with her, and I get a text message from my mom. It reads- 'Peanut just asked Papa if he was freezing his jingle bells off. What a little jewel!'
I was mortified. I asked if she had explained the whole story to dad, I don't want to be "that mom" whose kids pick up tasteless phrases and bad euphemisms. She assured me that she had, and got a kick out of it. Whew!


*Note to self* Do not say anything in ear shot of Peanut that I would not want repeated to my parents.

1 comment:

Team Honnoll said...

That Peanut! She cracks me up! Tell her Aunt Kat says HELLO! (oh, and Baby "Benamin" says He Loves You too!)